Indie Newsroom Alliance
To maximize local impact, we are kicking off an Indie Newsroom Alliance to collaborate with independent outlets in countries where press freedom is under threat and civil spaces are rapidly shrinking.
We’d love our stories to be accessible to a wide audience. Please feel free to republish our stories – free of charge.
How does it work?
If you’d like to republish a story, the intellectual property and copyrights remain with Unbias the News. Accreditation must be given to the author(s) of the story and republications must include a link to the original publication website.
• Byline: Story by [First name, Last name], Unbias the News.
• Underneath the article: This is a story by Unbias the News, a feminist cross-border newsroom by Hostwriter seeking to actively fight against the perpetuation of racist, sexist, or ableist stereotypes.
If you wish to use our original story illustration and/or additional multimedia content, accreditation must be given to all content creators as cited in the original story. Example: Illustration by [First name, Last name].
In cases of new findings, Unbias the News might add updates after the stories were published. Therefore, each syndicated article must include a disclaimer:
- Status as of dd.mm.yyyy. Please visit the original article for potential updates (link to original article on unbiasthenews.org.)
For legal reasons, the content of the article must not be changed. If you want to adapt the story to your audience, please share any new text versions with us prior to publication.
- Unbias the News and/or author(s) hold the right for cancellation if the story adaptation goes against the original intent of the article.
Join the Indie Newsroom Alliance!
If you share our editorial mission and values and would like to collaborate, please consider joining our Indie Newsroom Alliance! At Unbias the News, we feel part of a global movement to amplify and disseminate the perspectives of local journalists who are most affected by systemic barriers in the field, contributing to a more equitable and inclusive world of journalism.
What we are looking for:
- To increase the local impact of our reporting, Unbias the News is seeking publication partnerships with media outlets worldwide. We focus on countries where press freedom is under threat and civic spaces are rapidly shrinking.
- We are looking for syndication, joint events or mutual amplification of stories that disseminate the perspectives of journalists who are underrepresented in international media.
What we can offer:
- Unbias the News builds on the existing Hostwriter network that connects 6,000 reporters in 150+ countries.
- We aim to be a resource for local media outlets operating in challenging media environments, sharing connections with journalists in countries in which they might have no current links.
Are you a newsroom or news entrepreneur who shares our editorial mission to amplify journalists who experience structural barriers or discrimination?
Please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you!